Sunday, April 26, 2015

At a Nudist Resort





As the viewer knows, one of my passions is shooting nudes. But why nudes? Why not clothed people?

Perhaps I can best explain in terms of cities and landscapes. I'm also asked why I don't shoot photos of skyscrapers. Again, it goes back to nature in and of itself looking so beautiful. While there are some beautiful skyscrapers, and some nice roadways, pavement, concrete, and high rises can't compare to the beauty of nature and all it's splendors. The skyline of Chicago, LA, or New York, even though looking beautiful when lit up at night, or in the evening, can't compare to New Mexico's Sandia Mountains covered in snow during the winter, or being bathed by the setting sun. Nor can Tokyo compare with majestic Mountain Fuji covered in a blanket of clouds. A meadow of flowers during spring time is going to look much more appealing to most people than a strip of Las Vegas. The same goes for the human body. Just as buildings can cover the natural beauty of the earth, clothing can cover the natural beauty of the human body. There's a tendency to think our bodies are shameful, vile, and disgusting. But this is not the case, and nudists know this better than anyone else.



At the Florida Young Naturist Bash I was honored to hone my craft, by photographing many young nudists who were more than willing to pose. Many of these people are good friends, to the extant I see them like family. Many of them are completely naked, but for a few articles of clothing, and the wristbands they had to wear for the event.



Nudists groups are not sex orgies by any means. In fact, overt sexual behavior is frowned upon. They are not very sexy, these events. However, it'd be wrong to say that they aren't intimate. They are intimate in terms as being like a close family who loves and respects each other. Everyone feels like brothers and sisters. It truly is beautiful. 




It's no secret, I'm influenced by paintings I've seen, and the photography of other great photographers. I see if I can learn from each of them. With many of these photos I was going for a sense of peace and serenity, like a lost Garden of Eden. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment